- 6 month fixed-term contract / full time
- Immediate start
- Remote (within +/- 2 hours GMT) or studio-based (Hastings, East Sussex, United Kingdom)
We’re looking for someone who’s enthusiastic about the code they produce and isn’t afraid to suggest improvements to our current workflow and website builds/designs. You are a natural problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude, eager to continually grow, and are curious about emerging web technologies.
Along with the design team, you would be responsible for making the creative a reality. You are confident in pushing boundaries and have a superior eye for detail. You demonstrate this with proven experience in the development of bespoke websites.
Experience working with CMS systems, 3rd party integrations, eCommerce, developing, testing and maintaining websites is essential. You will be an instrumental part of the studio’s growth and will happily jump onto projects when it demands.
Ideally, you’ll have a keen interest in design as well as current and future technologies. This is a collaborative role working closely with the design team and we’d like you to feed into the website process early, contributing to functionality, features and technical specifications.
Below are some websites we have designed and built to give a taste of the type of projects you will be working on:
- Development/implementation of pixel-perfect designs from the design team
- Feeding into the website process early, contributing to functionality/feature/technical specifications
- Primarily working with WordPress
- Day to day server maintenance/monitoring
- Day to day website maintenance/monitoring
- Improving internal systems as new technologies allow
- A proactive problem solver
- Demonstrate a creative, analytical and technical mindset
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels and explain technical information to non– technical team members and clients
- Experience of developing sites with complex, block based CMS, specifically WordPress
- Experience working with eCommerce (preferably WooCommerce)
- Ability to work with 3rd party API’s from various sources such as governments to eComms and ticketing systems
- Strong organisation and planning
- A true team player
- Understanding other frameworks and technologies
- Good knowledge of Adobe XD
- Keen interest in design and strategy
- 5+ years experience
About Playne Design
We are an independent studio of designers and communication professionals based in London and Hastings on the Sussex coast.
When we started in 2004 our aim was to create a design business with a new way of working, concentrating on close collaboration with our clients, delivering exceptional service without compromising quality. We listened, we challenged, we planned and we implemented. We moved seamlessly from big picture strategy to tiny detail. Using our creative and craft skills we created work as compelling and beautiful as we could.
Today, none of that has changed. We want our work to inspire people, transform perceptions and achieve results. It begins with our clients. Understanding them, how they tick, who they want to reach and what they want to achieve. We see our clients as creative partners with whom we collaborate, using our expertise while respecting their objectives.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short description about you and why you’re a suitable fit for this role (no more than 300 words)
- Links to at least 3 websites that demonstrate your ability to fulfill the requirements, what your role and responsibility on the projects
- Salary expectation