DLH Corporation serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company’s core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
The UX Designer will report to Director of IT. This resource will lead user research, stakeholder interviews and conduct surveys to design functionality and features of applications. UX designer will collaborate with business analysts and program staff to translate requirements, user ideas into user-centric interface design, communicates the design to developers using wireframes, mockups and other artifacts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Capture and document user requirements, site design analysis/decision and solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate technical issues and status to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Provides training sessions and over the shoulder support to internal and external customers.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies with a keen attention to detail.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users.
- Values diversity of talents, skills and backgrounds that others bring to the team.