Salary Range (Full-Time)
$5,416.67 mo. - $6,229.17 mo. (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Provides guidance and leadership in the delivery of services based on functional area of focus ensuring that organizational/district initiatives are met.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience developing digital content that drives proven results
- Strong understanding of user centered design techniques and strategy
- Strong understanding of online accessibility and current standards
- Strong understanding of the principles of visual design, especially as it relates to web design and digital content
- Exceptional web design skills and the ability to develop sites and site hierarchy with a user centered focus
- Excellent time management, and organizational and problem-solving skills, especially in situations with rushed timelines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels including administration, staff, faculty, students and individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Comfortable operating successfully in ambiguous situations
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with constituents both internal and external
- Understanding of and willingness to continue to develop a personal knowledge base and skills related to digital content, including UX, accessibility, analytics and SEO
- Commitment to the promotion of inclusion and diversity •- Strong project management skills and ability to follow through with multiple simultaneous projects
- Exhibits strong leadership, including the ability to delegate tasks and coach other team members
- Willingness to continue to develop skills and a personal knowledge base
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems and resolve issues
- Ability to see problems from a variety of angles and viewpoints
- Ability to jungle multiple projects at the same time with various requirements, resources and diversity
- Commitment to the promotion of inclusion and diversity
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- Associate degree or higher in Web Design, Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent related work experience; plus four (4) years of marketing work experience
- Experience or certifications in usability testing, user centered design, online accessibility and project management is a plus.
- Ability to develop and lead projects, while also working collaboratively with people across teams and departments to achieve goals
- May require design examples and/or portfolio
- Current and valid Texas driver’s license required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, creates and edits advanced digital content on the college’s various digital marketing platforms, using content management editors, HTML and CSS.
- Monitors the usage of and performs regular user testing, to ensure usability and to optimize the design and content of Dallas College’s digital content for all target audiences.
- Works with others in marketing and the digital experience team to conceive and develop full websites for various initiatives and campaigns.
- Must have the ability to develop basic instructions and/or wireframes to lead others in the creation of quality digital content, in a variety of platforms, including the Dallas College website, intranet, email service and mobile apps.
- Must have the ability to manage large projects from beginning to end, with minimal direction, including meeting with clients, designing wireframes, creating content and assigning and overseeing the tasks of other team members.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College network.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Digital Experience to establish the visual style of the college’s website and digital content and ensures compliance with accessibility guidelines, web design parameters, style guides, policies and procedures.
- May work with IT developers to design, test and implement new functionality for publishing digital content.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.