Senior Backend Developer, WordFinder
Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 50M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide backend development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the General Manager.
At this moment we’re only able to accept people holding EU citizenship or EU Blue Card for Spain as we do NOT provide visa sponsorships. If you’re not in Barcelona at the moment, your position will be remote at your location up until 2-3 months after signing the contract.
Why you want this job
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Remote/in-office work to be chosen from.
- LoveToKnow Media brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow Media operates several digital products. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure, and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb, international senior team of professionals.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- We give you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Technical training /meetups covered by the company.
About the Role
- Maintain and enhance the current backend APIs with new endpoints to support new games, algorithms and user services. These APIs are consumed by web browsers and mobile applications.
- Setup and maintain the infrastructure and automated deployments for backend and front end projects (DevOps).
- Work with the product core team (Product Owner, UX/UI, Front ends, QA, SEO) and the extended teams (Revenue, Big Data, Content) to
- Identify and follow the best approach to meet new requirements.
- Collaborate with other developers working on the site and other projects utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful
- Passion for efficient algorithms to solve word games’ challenges (e.g. Scrabble, Anagrams, Crosswords).
- Programming languages: C# and NodeJs.
- Cloud Computing: AWS services (e.g. CloudFront, S3, Lambdas, DynamoDB, Route53). Firebase (e.g. Cloud functions, Firestore).
- NodeJs Serverless framework.
- CI/CD with GitHub actions or Jenkins. Cloud Infrastructure with Terraform.
- Interest in learning new technologies.
- Strong background in automating software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes.
- Familiar with data modeling and database design.
- 5+ years engineering web sites and services.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or experience on the field.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Our five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.