The Senior Front-End Engineer is an individual contributor who is relentlessly focused on optimizing the e-commerce performance of the MDsave website. S/he is a metrics-driven developer responsible for instrumenting, monitoring, and improving conversion rates on $10MM+ of annual website sales. The ideal candidate thinks strategically about front-end architecture, developer and designer effciency, user experience, and design system maintenance.
This position reports to the CTO and can be located out of our San Francisco or Nashville office, or remote.
- Implement features for the consumer- and partner-facing portions of the MDsave.com website
- Own the collection of analytics data from the MDsave website and collaborate with our Product and Design Teams to increase conversion rates via A/B testing, performance optimization, SEO improvements, and other feature enhancements
- Work closely with product, designers, and developers to maintain and expand the MDsave design system to be consistent, scalable, and on brand
- Collaborate with the Engineering Team to develop a deep understanding of existing MDsave systems, participating in discussions about architecture, DevOps and development process
- Collaborate regularly with remote team members, both synchronously via Google Meetings and asynchronously via Slack and Jira
- Identify areas of improvement both in the software as well as internal engineering mechanisms
- 4+ years of experience working in an equivalent technical role
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Expertise with web development fundamentals. We use React, PHP, and Postgres, but knowledge of modern web architecture is more important than any speciﬁc language.
- Knowledge of design practices and tools, including Figma, Photoshop, Storybook, and others
- A computer science or similar technical degree, or equivalent experience is required, and formal design training is a plus
- Experience working under or implementing security practices such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or SOC-2 is ideal
- Must contribute to a culture that values patient privacy by complying with HIPAA and other regulations, completing company privacy training, and proactively reporting any opportunities to better protect data privacy
- Embraces and actively incorporates MDsave’s leadership principles of Customer Obsession, Bias for Action, Dive Deep, Ownership, Hire and Develop the Best, Frugality, Deliver Results, Earn Trust and Invent and Simplify