About the role
We’re seeking a senior product designer to help build immersive, yet scalable interactive tools for learning and teaching math and science.
Product design at Brilliant currently works across five domains: growth, learning experience, user motivation, authoring, and interactives. You’ll have opportunities to collaborate with teammates from each of those domains.
As a generalist, you’ll work across these domains with the opportunity to grow into a leadership role within one. You’ll collaborate with a diverse team of educators, artists, and animators. You’ll use data and user research to inform new ways of structuring knowledge and content.
Your work will help learners around the world understand topics from logic to vector calculus to neural networks in an inspiring and interactive way. The transition from passive to active learning online is still in its infancy: come build the future of interactive learning with us!
- Solve meaty interaction and system design problems
- Create a range of deliverables, from high-fidelity UI, icons, and prototypes to written process and documentation
- Work with product managers to influence overall product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with educators on how product design can best support learning
- Help develop a thorough understanding of learners’ goals and how our products can best support them
- Work closely with other designers on the team to expand design systems that work beautifully across web and native mobile apps
- Uphold the quality of the Brilliant brand across every touchpoint with our audience
- Contribute to the culture of a small and growing design team
- Have 4+ years of product design experience at a consumer or SaaS product company
- Care deeply about creating useful, usable, and desirable products
- Have a portfolio of product features you’ve helped build from the ground up
- Are comfortable breaking down ambiguous problems into actionable and discrete projects
- Have strong proficiency with interactive prototyping tools
- Are an independent and entrepreneurial product thinker
- Are jazzed to learn new topics in STEM (maybe you even studied STEM formally)
Please include in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested in Brilliant