Are you passionate about using your strong visual design skills to provide rich user experiences for clients?
Then we have the position for you! We are looking for a UX/UI Developer to join our collaborative team of designers, developers, project managers, researchers, and business analysts to design engaging website interfaces, covering topics such as cancer statistics, public health resources, and tools for cancer centers.
Do you have a curiosity to learn new techniques and technologies? Are you looking to continually enhance and apply your existing skills?
Then you’ve come to the right place! Our UX/UI Developers use their solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns to advocate for the needs of our clients, identify opportunities for change, and conceptualize new designs using proven, well-established techniques and technologies.
Our UX/UI Developers are involved in a variety of tasks on our many projects, adapting to changing requirements, and implementing their product designs to create engaging and intuitive websites and applications for our clients.
As a UX/UI Developer, you will:
- Collaborate with the team on project objectives, client requirements, content strategy, process flows, and user interfaces for multiple client projects
- Create low and high-fidelity mockups for an iterative design process
- Establish style guides and design patterns
- Design and code websites with an emphasis on usability and accessibility
- Translate designs into code ensuring the products are responsive and fully functional on various mobile devices and platforms.
- Verify that websites meet the requirements for accessibility and functionality, including compliance with the latest laws and best practices for U.S. government websites
- Perform other web design-related duties as assigned
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS, or AA/AS with equivalent experience, from an accredited institution, as determined by the U.S. DOE, with a 2.9+ GPA
- 2-5 years of direct professional experience in UX/UI design and website development
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS, incl. demonstrated experience in hand-coding
- Proficiency with current prototyping/design tools (e.g. Adobe CC, Axure, Figma)
- Demonstrated UI/UX skills required
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to relay technical information in everyday terms
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work within a team
- Ability to deliver and accept constructive feedback
- Knowledge of Section 508 and W3C WCAG 2.0 guidelines a plus
- Examples of prior web design work to demonstrate the above skills are required
Who are we?
IMS, Inc. is a recognized leader in the biomedical IT field, supporting multiple public health and medical research initiatives for government and commercial institutions including the National Cancer Institute, Centers for Disease Control, and major pharmaceutical firms. IMS products are used around the world, and results from research collaborations are published in the news and scientific journals.
Why join our team?
IMS values our employees and the contributions that they make to our success. In fact, we are proud that many of our employees have chosen to stay with IMS and make their careers with us. We see it as a testament to the work we do and the environment we have created over the past 45 years!
We are an eclectic and diverse group of people who are committed to our mission and enjoy the work we do! Our work environment is very collaborative, relaxed, and friendly. We not only share two-person offices- that’s right, there are no cubicles or open offices- so that we can team up with coworkers to solve a problem and work independently when we need to focus, but we also enjoy spending time together! We play ultimate at lunch, have bagel and donut Fridays, and celebrate ice cream birthday parties and other social events. And we don’t even have to dress up to go to work; yes, we can wear casual clothes including jeans.
IMS offers a market competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes employer-subsidized health insurance, company-paid life insurance, FSAs, a retirement plan, free parking, and an education reimbursement program. We encourage employees to maintain work/life balance with paid sick and vacation leave, paid holidays, and flexibility to telecommute when needed.
Join us & see what makes IMS such a unique place to work!
If this sounds like the right position for your career, apply today at: https://www.imsweb.com/employment/job.description.php?position=25916.
IMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.