The Associate Web Developer will be a member of the Digital team that manages the Pew Research Center web properties and creates interactive data visualizations and other digital features based on the work of the Center . The primary focus of this position will be building interactive web applications atop our custom WordPress web application.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years professional experience developing web, mobile and other digital projects.
- Experience with React required .
- Experience with PHP a plus.
- WordPress plugin and theme development experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with REST APIs, preferably in a read/write manner. Understanding of common data storage techniques a plus.
- Experience with a version management system (Git preferred).
- Experience with Responsive Design principles and coding (including media queries) required .
- Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus.
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is based in Washington, DC. The Center operates in a hybrid model, meaning that staff will be expected to work in the office at least 2 days/week, and can work from home up to 3 days/week.
Applicant should apply electronically including a résumé , cover letter and links to work examples . Applications that do not include both resume and cover letter will not be considered.