Lose It! is looking for a UX Designer to help improve the experience of our top-rated iOS app. We’re looking for a self-starter with a blend of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills that loves trying new ideas and iterating until the design is just right. An ideal candidate is empathetic, resourceful, and has a strong point of view. This person is a problem solver that can rally stakeholders around their designs. This role will report to the VP of Product and work directly with product managers and engineers to deliver effective, easy-to-use experiences to our members. Come join an exciting environment where you can design a product that helps millions of users live healthier lives.
This full-time position is located in our Boston office (currently remote, with plans to be in the office two days a week by Summer 2022).
What will you be responsible for?
- Create designs for new features of our iOS app while working closely with product managers and engineers
- Understand the value behind product decisions and design for usability
- Identify design gaps and inconsistencies in our iOS app and become an advocate for design quality
- Collaborate with the Android UX designer to ensure parity and clarity across platforms
- Establish iOS design standards and conventions that make front-end development more efficient
What are we looking for in a team member?
- 2+ years of experience designing iOS apps
- Advanced knowledge of user-centered design principles
- A good grasp of iOS design standards and conventions
- Demonstrable fluency with Photoshop or Figma
- Deep understanding of interaction design in addition to aesthetics
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to adjust designs to technical feasibility
- Ability to manage through conflicting priorities, ambiguity, and conflict to deliver great designs
- A positive attitude and the ability to resolve issues with best practices
- Someone who lives the Lose It! Values of being Purpose Driven, Humble, Inclusive, Transparent, An Owner, and Results Oriented
- Experience working with consumer-facing apps is a plus
- Passion for health and wellness is a plus
If you’re ready to apply, send your resume and a quick intro to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject.
What We Have to Offer
When we are together in the office, it’s in the heart of downtown Boston in a modern workspace which matches our personality. We have the energy of a start-up culture but with the stability of a profitable business with plans for the future. It’s never been a more exciting time to work in tech - come share in our success.
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a balanced approach to work and life. Here are some of our perks and benefits for full-time employees:
- 100% of monthly health, dental and vision care insurance premiums, less $1 nominal fee (50¢ per pay period) and an HRA component which pays 100% of any deductible amount
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & DCA)
- 401k plan and matching program
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Bonus Program
- Medical/Parental leave benefits
- Generous paid time off, flexible hours and summer Fridays
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Casual dress code
- Frequent company outings and trips
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes and some office related benefits are currently not active and/or have shifted while employees are working remotely including the addition of a one time home office stipend to reimburse employees for equipment costs. While we would love to be back in the office soon, employee health is a priority for us.
Employment at Lose It! is based solely on a person’s qualifications. Lose It! does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, ethnicity, partnership status, caregiver status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or union membership, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to maintaining a respectful work environment and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Violation of our Anti-harassment policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
This full-time position is located in our Boston office (currently remote, with plans to be in the office two days a week starting Summer 2022).