Columbia Southern University
- Job Title: Web Developer
- Department: Marketing
- Reports To: Web Development Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (extended hours when requested)
- Location: Remote
The Web Developer is responsible for development and maintenance of Columbia Southern Education Group websites and affiliate websites. The Web Developer will work to maintain the general web presence and reputation of the university through development of primary and affiliate website pages, email campaigns and template strategies in addition to maintaining standards compliant coding and page structure. The Web Developer will also monitor website traffic, stability and efficiency for ideal site user experience and report to the Internet Marketing Manager.
Essential Job Tasks (Additional duties may be assigned.)
- Maintenance and development of university web pages with search engine optimization best practices and W3C standards compliancy.
- Assists with design and distribution of promotional and informational emails and student/alumni e-newsletter.
- Designs and develops templates for CMS applications.
- Facilitates bulk email communications with students, leads, applicant and other contacts. Basic web form development using PHP/ASP and form services (Wufoo).
- Monitors website traffic, stability and efficiency.
- Required to meet virtually on a weekly basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Web Development - Expertise with creating and deploying content and functionality (HTML/CSS/JS) for public-facing websites.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of WordPress and experience using a Content Management System.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Critical Thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to look at different types of information in order to make conclusions and work through problems.
- Time Management - Manages one’s own time to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task ensuring all aspects are reviewed.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Selective Attention (Vigilance) - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to work independently.
- Manages time appropriately to deliver completed projects within the timeframe set by the Assistant Director of Digital Media.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field from four-year college or university preferred.
- 2+ years of responsive, ideally mobile-first, development strongly preferred.
- Office equipment including computers, telephones, and printers.
- Software used includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Blackboard, and internal database software. Reliable and secure internet is required for this position.
The position is remote and should have an established office with secure and reliable internet. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.