Are you good at writing and managing web content? Would you like to join a company that produces cutting-edge User Experience research? Research used by thousands of web professionals, including some of the biggest brands in the world (including Nike, Sears, Lenovo, Etsy)? Are you passionate about creating, repackaging, and organizing content, to communicate these insights to our current and prospective clients?
Then apply for the following remote full-time position at Baymard Institute.
About Your Job at Baymard
In this position, you’ll be responsible for much of the content at Baymard.com, including our publicly available research findings and sales pages. In particular, you’ll write and manage our articles and other web content (e.g., text on our use cases and page designs pages).
The job calls for someone who enjoys communicating highly specific research findings to a more general audience, as well as UX professionals — creatively adapting and merging content from multiple sources without inadvertently misconstruing the underlying research findings.
You’ll work closely with our Sales & Support, Product, and Research teams to communicate new research and product offerings on our website, as well as through email newsletters, white papers, and other relevant communications.
This position is full-time, permanent, and 100% remote (note that you are expected to have at least 2 hours of daily overlap with Europe and US during traditional business hours).
While we will train you in Baymard’s specific content management needs, we expect that you have the following qualifications:
- [7⁄7] Requirement: Strong content strategy skills (esp. for digital-first or SaaS companies). In particular, by demonstrating an ability to translate research findings into articles (expected to be around 50% of your time). Additionally, you’ll also integrate various content into an overall content strategy for the company. Other content strategy duties will include creating a publication schedule for content, maintaining an overview of content, and managing multiple flows of content.
- [5⁄7] Requirement: Professional copywriting skills, as you’ll have to do some original writing, such as article introductions, descriptions of new Baymard research, and sales page texts.
- [5⁄7] Requirement: Professional copyediting skills, as you’ll be expected to edit your own, as well as others’, writing for the website.
- [4⁄7] Good interpersonal and communication skills, as you’ll have to navigate among Baymard’s different teams to understand the core content that needs to be communicated and ensure the website content remains up-to-date.
- [3⁄7] Familiarity with the ‘web industry’ and especially its jargon (can be from experience with web development, design, research, writing, etc.).
- [3⁄7] Remote work experience as the position is 100% remote.
(Note: the numbers in brackets indicate the weighted importance of each on a 7-point scale (higher = more important). These weights reflect how candidates are evaluated, so make sure your application illustrates your prowess in the highest-weighted skills and traits.)
Other Job Specs
Salary: in accordance with qualifications
Location: 100% remote full-time position
Start date: preferably mid-2022
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this position, please send the following:
- A list describing relevant content management experience.
- A cover letter that describes which of the 6 above-listed job qualifications you meet and how you meet them.
- Other information you find relevant (hobbies, interests, work experience, CV, ..).
Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org (all applications and materials are treated confidentially).
The deadline is May 30, 2022.
Note: Based on the applications, a few selected candidates will be assigned a paid writing and editing test, which will be the main evaluation criteria for the position. This will also be a good way for you to get a feel for the primary task of this job. (The test will be performed remotely. You’ll be asked to write original content and edit existing content within a 10-day deadline.)
Sincerely, Jamie & Christian Founders of the Baymard Institute
Referral Bonus: If this job isn’t you, but you know someone who’ll be the perfect fit, please send them the link to this page. If we end up hiring the person you referred, we’ll give you one year of access to a Baymard Premium ‘Medium’ plan (a $1,560 value).