Join our experienced and passionate team of developers building best-in-class solutions that positively impact millions of people a year. Front-End Engineers at Threespot build solutions that are elegant, forward-thinking, and accessible to all. They may come from diverse backgrounds but all share the desire to be challenged and grow. They collaborate closely with producers, UX strategists, and designers to ensure everything we build is performant and delivered on time. Front-end development at Threespot includes a wide range of skill sets. Projects can include; making design pattern libraries for large organizations, using static-site generators to build smaller campaign-focused sites, using React or Vue to build single-page apps, developing custom WordPress themes, and collaborating with our business development team by contributing to proposals and attending client pitch meetings.
Though primarily focused on the client-side, our front-end engineers are comfortable using back-end templating languages to integrate their markup (e.g. Blade, Timber, Twig, ERB). Prior WordPress experience isn’t a strict requirement for this position, however applicants should be open to learning on the job with mentorship from other developers.
If you want to work for clients who are making a difference and not just a profit, we should talk.
- Develop efficient, maintainable, performant, and scalable front-end systems
- Maintain regular communications with non-technical team members on scheduling, scope, and the technical viability of functionality and designs
- Produce thorough estimates for work Requirements
- Well versed in semantic HTML and accessibility best practices
- Experience with Sass or other CSS pre/post-processors (e.g. Less, Stylus, PostCSS)
- Comfortable with Git and GitHub
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch, and/or Photoshop 2+ years of professional experience in related role
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Part-time or contract workers will not be considered
- Previous design, UX, or information architecture experience
- Familiarity with accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG or Section 508)
- Experience working for socially-conscious organizations
- Phone interview with HR (30 min)
- Short take-home assignment (1 hr)
- Technical interview (1.5 hrs, no algorithm or whiteboard questions)
- Non-technical interview (1 hr)
Threespot is a Black woman-led digital strategy agency built to fight for socially conscious organizations. Founded in 1999, Threespot aims to interrupt the status quo and reshape how organizations think and talk about themselves. That’s translated into dynamic digital strategies, custom user experiences, and enlivened brands for the likes of the Trevor Project, Color of Change, and Planned Parenthood.
As a Certified B Corp™, we’re motivated to leave this world better off than how we found it. We’re committed to solving complex problems by bringing diverse perspectives and voices to the table and an empathetic ear to every conversation.
Salary & Benefits
- $80-90k or commensurate with experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans at little to no cost to you
- 401k with 100% employer match for a portion of contributions
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- 11 Company/Federal Holidays off
- Generous professional development program
- Caregiver leave
- 100% employer-paid life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance policies
- Fun company events, activities, and gatherings throughout the year
- Threespot has been a Certified B Corporation since 2015. We chose this path to demonstrate our commitment to using our business as a force for good. A career at a B Corporation means you will be working at a company that balances profit and purpose while delivering a positive impact for our clients, employees, community, and the environment
How to Apply
Click the “apply” link and fill out the application. Please include a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, why you want to work at Threespot, and how your experience directly relates to the position outlined above. Our HR Manager will get back to you promptly.
Threespot is committed to increasing our own diversity and continuing to build an inclusive environment at our workplace. We strongly encourage members of all underrepresented communities to apply; including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.