Here’s What We Do For Our Members And Communities Worldwide
We believe in an open, diverse, and accessible web. With your help, we want to reward people doing great work to make it happen. That’s why we try to support community events and projects and the people behind them. We want to keep things fully transparent, so here we’ll be reporting what we do.
Of course, the ongoing Covid-19 situation has affected what everybody does, and also what we can do to organize physical events, and send things around the world. We have, however, tried our best to support our own Smashing Member community, as well as other local and global communities, in these challenging months.
This Is What We’ve Been Doing In The Past 250 Days (Friday, October 1, 2021)
Primarily for Smashing Members:
- We organized 4 Smashing Meets events and made the videos available,
- We ran 3 Smashing Hour sessions and made the videos available,
- We released the “Touch Design” book and made the eBook available for free,
- We provided discounts to 30 Smashing Workshops and made the recordings of some of the sessions freely available afterwards,
- We provided discounted tickets for our SmashingConf San Francisco event, and released the videos to all members a few weeks after the event
- We provided some discounts on lovely products and services via partner deals,
- We provided 10 ‘Happy’ Memberships to people who would normally not be able to join our community, and gave away memberships to various community organisers
- We provided massive membership discounts to educational instutes (teachers and students)
For Communities worldwide:
- We published about 45 newsletters with handy tools and resources,
- We published about 220 articles, 5 podcasts
- We ran 4 free/partnered online workshops & released the videos
- We set up a YouTube Channel where we provide a lot of our video content for free — in one convenient place
- We provided books, swag and support to various online & in-person events/communities
- We participed in the Mentorship program in Ukraine (https://www.prjctrmentor.com/), taught at a few schools and spoke at various conferences
- We donated all revenues of an online workshop and PDF card sales to the situation in the Ukraine
- We gave away access to the video course to around 150 students (mainly Ukraine) in total worldwide
We are slowly building out our involvement in local communities, supporting them with resources and contacts so they can succeed. Are you running one? Please reach out to us so we can help!
Thank You So Much
It’s all made possible with your contributions. Your support allows us to bring you great content, pay all our contributors fairly, and reduce advertising on the site. You made it happen. So thank you.