This is an overview of the best Portfolio Web design showcases we have published on Smashing Magazine over all the years.
- 69 Sexy Portfolio Designs To Inspire You1
- 30 Fresh And Inspirational Portfolios With A Twist2
- 50 Fresh Portfolio Websites For Your Inspiration3
Today designing a unique, compelling portfolio has become a crucial task for designers, studios, companies and everyone whose business is on the Web. Not only does it help one stand out among the numerous competitors, but it is also a great tool for self-expression and demonstration of skills.
Now designers face new challenges in attracting the capricious web audience — a plain web page with a project list on it is out of date and boring, while fancy Flash websites with intricate navigation are annoying. Fortunately, despite all difficulties beautiful and artistic designs are appearing in an endless stream. Designers skillfully use all the benefits of the digital age and create websites that are rich in effects and eye-popping yet simple and accessible.
In this post you can see a collection of 69 new, ingenious and beautiful portfolio designs that will hopefully become a decent inspiration source for you. The collection includes both Flash and HTML websites, however all the designs are stuck to the balance of visual attractiveness and usability. Notice that every screenshot is clickable and leads to the website itself.
It may be the economical slowdown, the climate change, or even a random boost of creativity, but the competition between graphic studios is huge right now. Today, more than ever, you really need to show something special on your website to be noticed. So we made a selection of 30 portfolios that describe a studio or a freelancer with a unique personality.
Please notice that you certainly need more than a nice “look” to make the design stand out; in particular, usability and accessibility are issues that need to be carefully considered when creating your next portfolio design.
Creating personal portfolio website is probably the most challenging task for designers as it should reveal the talent and some special unique style of its author. Beautiful portfolio is like a good setting — it makes design works sparkle and grabs visitors’ attention immediately.
Look though this collection of stylish and exquisite portfolio designs to draw some inspiration for your own projects. Either through minimalist neat layout or via rich, color expressive design elements, each of these portfolios delivers an exceptional, truly inspiring visual experience to visitors. So this design showcase is worth seeing whether you are in a creative search or just looking for some entertainment.
You might be interested in the following “Best of” selections as well:
- Web Design Showcases From Various Industries13
- Web Design Elements: Examples And Best Practices14
- Learning From The Past: Design Legacies & Arts15
- 1 #n1
- 2 #n2
- 3 #n3
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/11/24/69-sexy-portfolio-designs-to-inspire-you/
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/11/24/69-sexy-portfolio-designs-to-inspire-you/
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/11/24/69-sexy-portfolio-designs-to-inspire-you//#more-17325
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/08/05/30-fresh-and-inspirational-portfolios-with-a-twist/
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/08/05/30-fresh-and-inspirational-portfolios-with-a-twist/
- 9 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/08/05/30-fresh-and-inspirational-portfolios-with-a-twist//#more-9263
- 10 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/30/50-fresh-portfolio-websites-for-your-inspiration/
- 11 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/30/50-fresh-portfolio-websites-for-your-inspiration/
- 12 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/30/50-fresh-portfolio-websites-for-your-inspiration//#more-9042
- 13 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/web-design-showcases-round-up/
- 14 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/web-design-essentials-examples-and-best-practices/
- 15 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/learning-from-the-past-design-legacy-art/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.