Everything we do, from the way in which we write our emails, to the method in which we provide negative feedback and evaluate performance, governs the performance of our teams. And understanding how culture impacts our efficacy as a team can drastically improve our day-to-day collaboration.
In this session you’ll learn:
- How different cultures communicate.
- How different cultures evaluate performance and give constructive criticism.
- How different cultures make decisions.
- How different cultures trust.
- How different cultures perceive time.
The most efficient way to build accessible websites and apps is to “shift left” by incorporating accessibility testing into the earliest stages of your development and design process.
As a key accessibility practice taking place early in design and development, translating a wireframe into web content is a common, but easy to avoid pitfall. In this webinar, Harris will walk you through the process of analyzing a wireframe from an accessibility perspective, making coding decisions to optimize for accessibility, implementing that code, testing your code, and troubleshooting. This session is for you if you’d like to learn how to:
- Take a wireframe and learn how to properly annotate it for accessibility.
- Translate the requirements from the wireframe into an implemented component.
- Test the component for accessibility during the development phase.
Every website seeks to encourage visitors to do something, whether it is placing an order, make a donation or signup to a mailing list. But how do you do that without alienating users? After all, we now live in a world where one disgruntled customer can destroy a brand. This presentation will show you a better way.
In this presentation you will learn:
- How to convince colleagues and clients to avoid manipulative techniques.
- How to enjoy users to act through objection handling.
- How to build trust with users and overcome their cynicism.
- Why cognitive load is destroying your conversion rate and what to do about it.
Copying examples and reading articles about CSS Layout is one thing, but how does someone who really knows flexbox, grid and the rest of layout go about building out a design? In this webinar watch Rachel Andrew as she builds a layout. We will cover:
- Working with, not against normal flow.
- How to choose the right layout method for the job.
- Tips to make sure your layout remains accessible.
- Creating fallbacks for older browsers with feature queries.
- Expect to see Grid, Flexbox along with Box Alignment, Sizing — and anything else CSS gives us to play with!