Marc Edwards is a designer, an icon speedrunner, the creator of strange generative art GIFs, and the founder of Bjango. Bjango is best known for iStat Menus and their upcoming design tool, Skala. Marc has written for Smashing Magazine, iMore, and posts articles on Bjango’s own site. He also created and maintains a bunch of open source, design related projects.
All About Icons
This session will cover a wide range of strategies, tips and tricks on how to create consistent, cohesive production ready sets of icons and glyphs for web and app projects. We will answer questions like:
- Grids, weighting and consistency across icon sets.
- Optimal ways to create common icons, and how those techniques can be reused.
- Important considerations for production assets.
Enter password to watch:
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- Smashing Audit Live #2
Vitaly Friedman on Mar 23, 2021 .Recording available.
- Smashing Audit Live
Vitaly Friedman on Feb 18, 2021 .Recording available.
- All About Icons
Marc Edwards on Oct 20, 2020 .Recording available.
- Accessibility With(out) Priorities
Chen Hui Jing on Sep 1, 2020 .
- End-to-end Testing With A Real Browser
Umar Hansa on Aug 13, 2020 .
- Getting Projects Out The Door Faster And Less Painful
Kristina Podnar on Aug 6, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Bradbury Thompson: Type Can Be A tool, A Toy, And A Teacher
Andrew Clarke on Jul 28, 2020 .