Building A CSS Layout, Live
Copying examples and reading articles about CSS Layout is one thing, but how does someone who really knows flexbox, grid and the rest of layout go about building out a design? In this webinar watch Rachel Andrew as she builds a layout. We will cover:
- Working with, not against normal flow.
- How to choose the right layout method for the job.
- Tips to make sure your layout remains accessible.
- Creating fallbacks for older browsers with feature queries.
- Expect to see Grid, Flexbox along with Box Alignment, Sizing — and anything else CSS gives us to play with!
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- Smashing Audit Live #3
Vitaly Friedman on May 4, 2021 .Recording available.
- Smashing Audit Live #2
Vitaly Friedman on Mar 23, 2021 .Recording available.
- Smashing Audit Live
Vitaly Friedman on Feb 18, 2021 .Recording available.
- All About Icons
Marc Edwards on Oct 20, 2020 .Recording available.
- Accessibility With(out) Priorities
Chen Hui Jing on Sep 1, 2020 .
- End-to-end Testing With A Real Browser
Umar Hansa on Aug 13, 2020 .
- Getting Projects Out The Door Faster And Less Painful
Kristina Podnar on Aug 6, 2020 .