Cassidy is an instructor and developer with React Training. She’s worked for CodePen, Amazon, L4 Digital, Clarifai, and Venmo, and she’s had the honor of working with various organizations, including cKeys and Hacker Fund as their Director of Outreach. She’s active in the developer community and one of Glamour Magazine’s 35 Women Under 35 Changing the Tech Industry and LinkedIn’s Top Professionals 35 & Under.
Building A Modern Electron App With React Hooks
Back in 2017, Cassidy built herself a desktop to-do app in React, Redux, and Electron. Though slightly buggy, it got the job done, and she stopped maintaining it over time. Fast forward to 2020, where hooks are all the rage and build systems have improved, Cassidy rewrote the entire application from scratch, took out old libraries, reorganized everything, and relaunched it in February.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How React Hooks + Context compares to using Redux.
- How to organize a modern React application.
- How to build an Electron application with React.
Enter password to watch:
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- All About Icons
Marc Edwards on Oct 20, 2020 .
- Accessibility With(out) Priorities
Chen Hui Jing on Sep 1, 2020 .
- End-to-end Testing With A Real Browser
Umar Hansa on Aug 13, 2020 .
- Getting Projects Out The Door Faster And Less Painful
Kristina Podnar on Aug 6, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Bradbury Thompson: Type Can Be A tool, A Toy, And A Teacher
Andrew Clarke on Jul 28, 2020 .
- Enterprise Accessibility
Jerome Hardaway on Jul 21, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Emmett McBain: Art Direction As Social Equity
Andrew Clarke on Jul 2, 2020 .