Heather Burns is aech policy and regulation specialist from Glasgow, Scotland. She researches, writes, and speaks extensively on laws, regulations, and political issues which impact the craft of web development. She hand-coded her first web site in 1997 and was a professional web designer from 2007-2015.
Heather is a component maintainer of the WordPress.org core privacy team, a founding member of a coalition of privacy team members collaborating across open source CMS projects, and was named a Mozilla Open Leader for her work on open source privacy.
Developing And Designing For Privacy
Protecting your users’ data is the most important thing you will ever do as a developer, but it isn’t always easy to know where to start. With GDPR, ePrivacy directive and upcoming legislation initiatives to regulate the use and collection of data, as designers and developers, we need to know how to design and build to avoid legal battles down the road.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- how to define a healthy approach to user privacy;
- integrate the Privacy by Design framework into your workflow;
- learn about current and upcoming privacy legislation;
- and pick up a few tools to help you evaluate your work for best privacy practice.
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- Inspired Design Decisions With Giovanni Pintori
Andrew Clarke on Jun 4, 2020 .Recording available.
- Expand Your Test Coverage: Manual And Automated Accessibility Testing Unite
Carie Fisher, Harris Schneiderman on May 19, 2020 .Recording available.
- Inspired Design Decisions With Max Huber: Turning Mundane Subjects Into Exciting Visual Communication
Andrew Clarke on May 13, 2020 .Recording available.
- Designing UX, Live
Paul Boag on May 1, 2020 .
- Live UX Review, With Paul Boag
Paul Boag on Apr 21, 2020 .Recording available.
- Inspired Design Decisions: Herb Lubalin (Expressive Typography)
Andrew Clarke on Apr 14, 2020 .
- Power Of Shaders
Yuriy Artyukh on Apr 7, 2020 .