End-to-end Testing With A Real Browser
In this session, we will discuss end-to-end browser testing which helps us create rock-solid web apps. It is particularly important, since you can validate certain website behavior with it, which unit tests or integration tests will never catch.
Umar Hansa will explore:
- Scraping data from other websites.
- Outputting screenshots and video so you can watch recordings of your tests.
- Some common testing pitfalls.
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- Smashing Audit Live #2
Vitaly Friedman on Mar 23, 2021 .Recording available.
- Smashing Audit Live
Vitaly Friedman on Feb 18, 2021 .Recording available.
- All About Icons
Marc Edwards on Oct 20, 2020 .Recording available.
- Accessibility With(out) Priorities
Chen Hui Jing on Sep 1, 2020 .
- End-to-end Testing With A Real Browser
Umar Hansa on Aug 13, 2020 .
- Getting Projects Out The Door Faster And Less Painful
Kristina Podnar on Aug 6, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Bradbury Thompson: Type Can Be A tool, A Toy, And A Teacher
Andrew Clarke on Jul 28, 2020 .