Andy Clarke is a well-known web designer, design consultant, and mentor. He’s been called plenty of things since he started working on the web. His ego likes terms such as “Ambassador for CSS,” “industry prophet,” and “inspiring,” but he’s most proud that Jeffrey Zeldman once called him a “triple-talented bastard.” With his wife Sue, Andy founded Stuff & Nonsense in 1998, where they’ve helped companies around the world to improve their designs by providing consulting and design expertise.
Inspired Design Decisions With Bradbury Thompson: Type Can Be A tool, A Toy, And A Teacher
After 12 inspiring webinars, Andy Clarke draws his Inspired Design Decisions series to a close by explaining how studying the work of Bradbury Thompson — one of the masters of 20th Century graphic — will teach you how to combine graphic and typographical elements with innovative layouts to create stunning designs for the web.
In this final webinar, Andy will bring together lessons from all his previous webinars to teach you about:
- choosing colour palettes,
- working with compound and modular grids,
- designing graphical and readable typography.
If you’ve skipped any of the webinars in this series, you definitely won’t want to miss this one!
Enter password to watch:
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- Inspired Design Decisions With Bradbury Thompson: Type Can Be A tool, A Toy, And A Teacher
Andrew Clarke on Jul 28, 2020 .
- Enterprise Accessibility
Jerome Hardaway on Jul 21, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Emmett McBain: Art Direction As Social Equity
Andrew Clarke on Jul 2, 2020 .Recording available.
- Inspired Design Decisions With Giovanni Pintori
Andrew Clarke on Jun 4, 2020 .
- Expand Your Test Coverage: Manual And Automated Accessibility Testing Unite
Carie Fisher, Harris Schneiderman on May 19, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Max Huber: Turning Mundane Subjects Into Exciting Visual Communication
Andrew Clarke on May 13, 2020 .
- Designing UX, Live
Paul Boag on May 1, 2020 .