Cassie has a lot of love for animation, especially animation on the web. She can usually be found tinkering on Codepen and nerding out about colour palettes.
She is an organiser at codebar Brighton, a non-profit initiative that runs free programming workshops and currently works as a Front-end Developer at Clearleft in Brighton.
Interactive Web Animation With SVG
Having fun is an important part of learning. Especially in the world of web animation!
This talk will contain takeaways to help with SVG animation in production, but we’ll also have fun with some experimental technology.
- Creating, exporting and optimising an SVG for animation.
- Getting started with Greensock for animation.
- A look into some of Greensock’s SVG plugins.
- Looking at ways to add some interaction including webcam colour detection and face detection with chrome’s shape detection API.
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- Inspired Design Decisions: Otto Storch (Typography And Layout)
Andrew Clarke on Mar 24, 2020 .
- Building A Modern Electron App With React Hooks
Cassidy Williams on Mar 19, 2020 .
- Live UX Review, With Paul Boag
Paul Boag on Mar 10, 2020 .
- Video Killed My Data Plan: Performant Video Delivery On The Web
Doug Sillars on Feb 25, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions: Neville Brody
Andrew Clarke on Feb 4, 2020 .
- TypeScript For Smashing People
Stefan Baumgartner on Jan 29, 2020 .
- Form Design Patterns With Adam Silver
Adam Silver on Jan 15, 2020 .