Mandy is A Front End Developer, Development Manager and speaker from Perth, Australia. She loves to experiment with new front end technologies and share her experiments through Codepen (https://codepen.io/mandymichael/) and her thoughts about the web on Medium (https://email@example.com). She believes the web is an amazing source of information and that you should enable access anywhere, for anyone, so is constantly striving to make her work accessible to all users.
The How And Why Of Semantic HTML
spans? But choosing the correct semantic HTML element for the job isn’t simply an ‘artisanal’ pursuit for philosophical purists — it can have significant practical benefits for usability, code reduction and future-proofing.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- what HTML semantic even means and how to use it to craft accessible interfaces,
- the UI that browsers provides with various HTML elements;
- obscure but very useful UI benefits of HTML semantics;
- how non-traditional web clients make use of HTML semantics, without you having to write any extra code.
Enter password to watch:
Tools and Setup
To join Smashing TV webinars, please install the Zoom client for Meetings, which is available for all the main OSs. It may take a little time to download and install, so please grab it ahead of time if you can. If you are a Smashing Member, please sign in first. Once you did, return to this page, and you should see a webinar URL.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- All About Icons
Marc Edwards on Oct 20, 2020 .Recording available.
- Accessibility With(out) Priorities
Chen Hui Jing on Sep 1, 2020 .
- End-to-end Testing With A Real Browser
Umar Hansa on Aug 13, 2020 .
- Getting Projects Out The Door Faster And Less Painful
Kristina Podnar on Aug 6, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Bradbury Thompson: Type Can Be A tool, A Toy, And A Teacher
Andrew Clarke on Jul 28, 2020 .
- Enterprise Accessibility
Jerome Hardaway on Jul 21, 2020 .
- Inspired Design Decisions With Emmett McBain: Art Direction As Social Equity
Andrew Clarke on Jul 2, 2020 .