About The Session
The first in a monthly live discussion of all that’s new (and fit for family viewing) in the world of the web.
Links from 19 March 2019:
- Chrome Lite Pages official blog post
- Making Sense of Chrome Lite Pages by Tim Kadlec
- CSS Nesting Module - it’s a draft!
- Chrome 73: PWA on macOS
- KV Storage: the Web’s First Built-in Module
- Better web video with AV1 codec
- 30 years on, what’s next #ForTheWeb? by Sir Uncle Timbo himself!
- When Is A Button Not A Button? - Vadim’s article
- Understanding Proxy Browsers: Architecture by Tim Kadlec
- Using Firefox DevTools To Understand Modern Layout Techniques - webinar with Chen Hui Jing
The next Fabulous And Groovy Vadim And Vitaly Video Show is on 25 April at 1300 GMT.
About The Speaker
Vadim Makeev is the founder of Web Standards, the first Russian front-end community. Host and producer of the Web Standards weekly podcast. Web Standards Days conference host and organizer. Founder and organizer of pitercss_conf and pitercss_meetup. Author of Zen Coding (Emmet) idea and Shower presentation engine. Developer, speaker, DevRel. Passionate about front-end, typography, design, audio-video engineering and production. Works as himself in HTML Academy. On Twitter he’s @pepelsbey_.
Vitaly Friedman loves beautiful content and doesn’t like to give in easily. When he is not writing or speaking at a conference, he’s most probably running front-end/UX workshops and webinars. He loves solving complex UX, front-end and performance problems. Get in touch.
We run practical sessions every week. No fluff, just actionable techniques and strategies for building and designing better experiences. Here are a few recent ones:
- Inspired Design Decisions: Neville Brody
Andrew Clarke on Feb 4, 2020 .
- TypeScript For Smashing People
Stefan Baumgartner on Jan 29, 2020 .
- Form Design Patterns With Adam Silver
Adam Silver on Jan 15, 2020 .
- Building A CSS Layout, Live
Rachel Andrew on Dec 10, 2019 .
- Privacy UX
Vitaly Friedman on Dec 3, 2019 .
- Encouraging Clicks Without Shady Tricks
Paul Boag on Nov 28, 2019 .
- Translating Design Wireframes Into Accessible HTML/CSS
Harris Schneiderman on Nov 20, 2019 .