Many companies try to create a great experience for customers. However, few are willing to make the changes required to deliver on that promise. In fact, most companies don’t even realize how bad their experience can be. This is why we are working on a new book called “User Experience Revolution,” a practical battle plan for placing the user at the heart of your business. Pre-order the book now.1
About The Book
You spend the better half of your career reading and practicing for the day when someone asks, “Hey design team, what do you think?”. You get this nagging feeling that you wish all those fantastic articles wouldn’t explain to you what to do but rather suggest a practical strategy on how to implement such changes within your company. How do you put your users at the very center of the organization you work for?
This book is for anybody passionate about user experience, but who may be in a company that needs that extra push. You may be a designer, marketer, content specialist, or in one of the many jobs concerned about user experience.
You don’t need to be a manager, although you might be. You don’t need to be an expert in user experience. You just need a willingness to challenge the way your company does things and be relentless at putting the user first.
This Book Will:
- Encourage you to break out of your comfort zone and start influencing the full scope of the user experience.
- Teach you how to articulate the benefits of user-centric thinking efficiently.
- Guide you through the process of building a grassroots movement within your company — a movement that will advocate the needs of your users.
- Provide practical ways you can raise the profile of the user within your organization.
- Help you find and build a proof of concepts to sell the benefits of a user-centric approach.
- Show you how to get management interested in user experience, and gain their support.
- Identify ways of embedding user-centric methodologies into the culture of the company.
Table Of Contents
- Getting Real About User Experience Design
- How To Sell The Benefits Of User Experience Design
- Create Customer Experience Evangelists
- Raise The Profile Of The Customer
- Get Managerial Support
- Develop A Proof Of Concept
- Establish Better Working Practices
- Transform The Organizational Culture
- A Vision Of A UX-Focused Company
Sneak Preview (PDF Sample)
To give you a more detailed idea of what the book is like, feel free to download a free sample of the book on how to get managerial support of your ideas.
About The Author
Paul Boag9 is a leader in digital strategy and user experience design. He has been working with organizations such as The European Commission, Oxford University, and Doctors Without Borders for over 20 years.
Through consultancy and training, he helps organizations make better use of digital technologies. He helps them meet the needs of today’s connected consumers.
Paul is also a well-respected figure in the digital sector. Author of five books including Digital Adaptation10 and Client Centric Web Design11, he also writes for industry publications including this humble magazine, Sitepoint and Net Magazine.
- 248 pages, 14 × 21 cm (5.5 × 8.25 inches),
- ISBN: 978-3-945749-51-7 (print),
- Quality hardcover with stitched binding and a ribbon page marker,
- The physical book will be shipped from April 18th via free worldwide airmail shipping13 from Germany.
- The eBook will be available in PDF, EPUB, and Amazon Kindle formats from March 30th,
- Available as printed, gorgeous hardcover14 and eBook15.
- 1 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/user-experience-revolution
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ux-revolution-book-large.jpg
- 3 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/user-experience-revolution
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ebook-ipad.png
- 5 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/user-experience-revolution-by-paul-boag-ebook
- 6 https://boagworld.com/usability/get-managerial-support/
- 7 http://provide.smashingmagazine.com/getting-managerial-support-ux-revolution.pdf
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/author/paul-boag/
- 9 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/author/paul-boag/
- 10 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/digital-adaptation-book
- 11 https://www.amazon.com/Client-Centric-Design-Boagworld-Book-ebook/dp/B007QUTLQ6
- 12 https://boagworld.com/
- 13 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/delivery-times/
- 14 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/user-experience-revolution
- 15 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/user-experience-revolution-by-paul-boag-ebook
- 16 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/user-experience-revolution
- 17 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/hardcover-ux-revolution-2-900.jpg
- 18 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/user-experience-revolution