Design is an invitation to create, to inspire, to provoke, to initiate change, to transform others, to change others and ultimately to make the world a better place. Design is a verb and like a verb it is always moving, changing, transforming while the processes and stages remain constant.
We all need to find inspiration, we all need to process our ideas, we all need to sketch, we all need to do research, we all need to go to the computer and create several iterations, we all need to revise and refine our ideas, and we all need to deliver the now tangible products or applications to the world. This makes our profession one of great responsibility and commitment while it is full of excitement and energetic.
We want to bring to our audience topics to continue to inspire us, to challenge us, to make us think, to in way, rock our cradle of comfort and feel motivated to do more and do it better.
If you’re interested in writing about design and the topics mentioned below, please don’t hesitate to to send Alma your ideas and proposals1. Let’s make this corner the place to go for great design content!
- Design ethics and culture, design education,
- Design process and research, sharing various creative processes,
- Cultural awareness and its importance for designers,
- Macro and micro aspects of typography,
- Ways of keeping up to date as designers,
- Good typographic practices, design thinking,
- Alternative methods of printing,
- Graphic design/typography history,
- Good productivity practices for designers,
- Using photography in design projects, ways to incorporate photography,
- Share easy and simple research practices in the design process,
- Importance of looking at detail and craft as designers,
- Good working habits designers should have,
- Dealing with clients as designers,
- Career advice for designers,
- Interviews with typographers and/or designers.
Introducing Alma Hoffmann
“What I want to create in this section is a community of designers wanting to help each other and learn from each other. There is so much to learn and so much out there that it is sometimes overwhelming to know where to look. I want this section to be the answer to that question where we all can find that topic or question answered.
I am a design educator and I love teaching design. As an educator, I feel it is my responsibility to provide topics not only on the technical side of things, but also in those areas that help us be human, that help us empathize with our fellow designers and society at large. The ability to empathize is after all, what helps us solve problems effectively. As an educator, I want not only to be inspired and challenged but I also want my students to be challenged, inspired, and develop a hunger for learning.
A little bit about myself: I am the wife to a wonderful guy, a mom to two wonderfully rascal kids and I love salsa music and big band music. Dancing is my secret passion. The way the body moves in space inspires me tremendously.”
- 1 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 https://twitter.com/almahoffmann
- 3 https://twitter.com/almahoffmann