- April 25th, 2009
- 65 Comments
A lot of what is seen on TV commercials, catalogues flyers, posters, banners and internet advertisments are made by someone in the world of design or commissioned by someone in the world of art. As time passes, the distinction between artist and designer has been blurred beyond recognition.
Now, in times of instant press and release, inspiration from great artistic measures and processes are the influence and is just as important as functionality. When we see companies like Apple and RIM, we see a collaboration between art and design where the practicality is the designated, artistic measure and process, so what looks good, feels good and works well.
The works below are done in the same spirit; literally where the eyes are encouraged to explore, stimulating inspiration and aspirational ambition. Below we present 40 talented and impressive illustrators – their work is inspiring, creative, original and beautiful and as such perfect for a lousy saturday evening.
The Beauty Of Illustration
James White is one of the more sought after artists today. His retro fitted style is pushed where some designers and artists won’t dare travel. You can check some of these and more at his site.
DecoGrunge can’t be described. There is a photomanipulated, intense lighting effects and a celestial base to a lot of this artist’s work. a page that should be checked. Spewing and shlacking old print, high-res objects and clouds are not the only thing that keeps this graphic designer on his feet. Like the rest this is about attention to detail in effects designers and artists use in respective mediums. Posters, album covers, you name it and it can be done.
Samuel has a very interesting and peculiar take on art and design, with his take on expression and execution. His random display of works are what drive his presense. His choices to display what he has andwith what message he is trying to say it is even more mysterious.
Kaws is one designer that has every facet of design and the art behind in his sights. As he continues to grow his brand as a top designer and art curator, KAWS’ influence is considered a mainstay in fashion, products and branding.
veni vidi vince20
From death to dying to wishing you were dead, comes big Vince aka veni vidi vince. “VVV” has some of the most detail oriented works, which is what makes a lot of even the most gross looking pieces come to life. You can check his portfolio.
Monk ART is a character designer and comic artist, who uses some of the more full harvested color combinations that make his style just who is as an artist. Some of what you see in the piece below, embodies everything that he has done in his career.
AXLBOX is an era mashup, photomanipulator, who seems to understand the mix of rugged and smooth concepts, which is the theme for a lot of what is done throughout his years as a photographer and art director.
Peter Jaworowski is an innovative graphic designer that has a nack for bringing something almost unthought of to the table. His usage of lighting and the below water and ink effects that has been pushing is something to be inspired by. Peter “J” is wild in presentation to his clients and on his commissions as art director. His attention the detail in effects make different than the “No Pattern” look that people are taking a trend hop for. I think a lot of what he has to offer is in his passion for what he can do in his attention to that peculiar detail.
Peter Harrison is one of those of artists that seems to take the essence of something and makes something else. A lot of hip hop is inspired by this kind of artistic treatment. When you check the site, you will leave inspired and take something from it as well. I find a lot of what different approaches to light and effects in post production work the meat of what inspires most. This is no exception. Pete Harrison has some minute attention to detail that shows just what a few simple shapes and brushes and selections can do for his work.
Alexandra Zaharova & Ilia Plotnikov41
Alexandra Zaharova and Ilia Plotnikov are collaborators for a lot of branding and advertising sectors for high level design and artistic themes that suggests that they know what they are doing. Make sure you check the site for more.
Mark Newman has a huge following on deviantart. His work varies from piece to piece, but he has his own twist to classic examples of mythological and comic infused characters like the below medusa piece.
Marta Dhalig has to be one of the hardest working digital painters to grace the pages of imaginFX magazine, she is well groomed in form, anatomy, composition and lighting. Some of her works pop out and create the kind of vision that you would see in traditional master paintings. you can see more at her page.
- 1 http://www.signalnoise.com
- 2 http://www.signalnoise.com
- 3 http://blog.signalnoise.com/?paged=4
- 4 http://www.signalnoise.com
- 5 http://decogrunge.deviantart.com/
- 6 http://decogrunge.deviantart.com/
- 7 http://decogrunge.deviantart.com/
- 8 http://decogrunge.deviantart.com/
- 9 http://www.samgreenwork.com/
- 10 http://www.samgreenwork.com/
- 11 http://www.samgreenwork.com/
- 12 http://www.sugarrhyme.com
- 13 http://www.sugarrhyme.com
- 14 http://www.sauco.ru/
- 15 http://www.sauco.ru/
- 16 http://jesar.deviantart.com/
- 17 http://jesar.deviantart.com/
- 18 www.kawsone.com/
- 19 www.kawsone.com/
- 20 http://www.venividivince.com/main/
- 21 http://www.venividivince.com/main/
- 22 http://www.venividivince.com/main/
- 23 http://www.venividivince.com/main/
- 24 http://www.venividivince.com/main/
- 25 http://www.venividivince.com/main/
- 26 http://genarodesia.com
- 27 http://genarodesia.com
- 28 http://monk-art.deviantart.com/
- 29 http://www.monkart.deviantart.com
- 30 http://www.hejz.com/
- 31 http://www.hejz.com/
- 32 http://www.hejz.com/
- 33 http://www.hejz.com/
- 34 http://www.hejz.com/
- 35 http://www.hejz.com/
- 36 http://www.hejz.com/
- 37 http://www.aeiko.net
- 38 http://www.aeiko.net
- 39 http://www.aeiko.net
- 40 http://www.aeiko.net
- 41 http://www.dobermanstudio.ru
- 42 http://www.dobermanstudio.ru
- 43 http://www.marknewmansculpture.com/
- 44 http://www.marknewmansculpture.com/
- 45 http://www.marta-dahlig.com
- 46 http://www.marta-dahlig.com
- 47 http://www.seventhstreetstudio.com/
- 48 http://www.seventhstreetstudio.com/
- 49 http://www.seventhstreetstudio.com/
- 50 http://www.seventhstreetstudio.com/
- 51 http://www.seventhstreetstudio.com/
- 52 http://www.seventhstreetstudio.com/
- 53 http://www.behance.net/AxlBox
- 54 http://www.behance.net/AxlBox
- 55 http://www.behance.net/AxlBox
- 56 http://yohan2.deviantart.com
- 57 http://yohan2.deviantart.com
- 58 http://www.behance.net/ChelseaGreeneLewyta
- 59 http://chelseagreene.blogspot.com/
- 60 http://www.behance.net/ChelseaGreeneLewyta
- 61 http://www.behance.net/ChelseaGreeneLewyta